Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Kaydie's first camping trip: Dillon Beach!!!

Kaydie is kicking back, wondering where we're headed to on this Saturday morning....


Here she hangs out and plays while Tom and I set up camp...
She had fun playing peekaboo and singing...laughing at us working to get the tent up and the mattress thru the door.


(This little face Kaydie made was just too cute not to share!)
All Right!!! We got the tent up, now can we go see the water!?!?
Kaydie and Mom are SO Excited!

Kaydie's first glimpse of the ocean...
She looks very happy about making it!
She really liked her feet in the water, but she did not really like the feeling of the sand under her feet... she kept trying to stand on top of my feet! (SO SMART!)
I'm really happy to be on the beach.
Kaydie is still learning to love it!
Tom had a really nice time too - except when I talked him into getting wet - "it's only knee deep" I promised... But I forgot, he's got short legs and a long torso, so he got wet WAY past his knees! HOORAY! The ocean wasn't even very cold! The sand was so warm and there were lots of happy people on the beach with their dogs (Kaydie LOVES dogs)...
~ Kiss~
First handfull of beach sand...
"It feels funny, Mom!"
Kaydie had a good time... We got lucky and she didn't get any sand in her eyes the whole trip! Two bumps on a log!
OH NO! What happened to my feet, Mom!?
Toes in sand: Kaydie does NOT Approve.
It was a great day...
Later, we headed up into the dunes and I tried jumping as far off the crest as I could - but I only made it about 5 feet out - the dunes weren't their normal sharp, well-packed selves... Later, we ate hotdogs and s'mores for dinner... Kaydie took her naps in her carseat in the car (which led to the unfortunate death of my battery... yeah - but that was pretty much the only hiccup in the whole trip). It was great sleeping by the fire, and super-sucky sleeping w/kaydie in my sleeping bag...