Here we are on the Earthquake Walk - In Olema - which displays the 12 - 15 foot shift from the 1906 Earthquake... The weather on Sunday was simply too beautiful to leave. We had been stuck in the valley smoke for too long for me to abandon the fresh clean air and blue skies before I absolutely had to.
Next, I convinced Tom to go out to see the lighthouse at Point Reyes... It was a very fun drive with lots of curves, bumps, and cattle crossings - Tom almost regretted lowering my car (for about a second).
Such pretty flowers! We saw a couple of deer grazing far down the cliffs (I was too slow with the camera). 
Here we are walking up to the parking lot (it was full)... Tom's smiling, but he had just spent the prior five minutes trying to convince me that there "was no light house, just a light on a stick and we really didn't need to hike out to see it... we could just head home and save ourselves the trouble..." Yeah yeah... 
However, Tom was actually quite right about it just being a light on the end of a stick: 

See the light is on the left and the fog horn is on the right. Tom says,
"Okay, we can go home now - right?"
"Okay, we can go home now - right?"
WRONG! See WAYYYYY DOWN THERE?
Oh... 
Kaydie enjoyed the stairs down... Counted over 300 steps!
We made it down! Once we were there, we saw a whale playing on his way headed South past the Farallon islands (which were actually visible from the lighthouse! Check out: http://www.farallones.org/farallonislands.php if you want more info). The mist came in and out, as we read about the dreary lives the lighthouse watchers led, and that the greatest winds on the coast had been clocked on Point Reyes - over 300 mile per hour gusts!
Here's proof that Tom and Kaydie made it down... (Kaydie got a lot of jealous looks from people who envied her ride!)
Tom was drenched in sweat after making the trip back up the cliff... 
I helped push for the last fifty steps!
Here Tom caught me taking a quick break to feed Kaydie before we get back in the car to head home. We heard lots of different languages while we were visiting the lighthouse. Tom exclaimed that I was showing my breast to way too many nations... (I ignored him)
Here Tom caught me taking a quick break to feed Kaydie before we get back in the car to head home. We heard lots of different languages while we were visiting the lighthouse. Tom exclaimed that I was showing my breast to way too many nations... (I ignored him)