Here's mama - she is sad to be leaving home behind but very excited to go see great grandma and great grandma for the first time in a year! This will be the first time that they see me in person! I think that mom wishes that Washington was closer to California so we could visit them more often.
There was snow all over the place - except for the road! It didn't slow us down and made for some beautiful photos.
Here is the giant bull that is made out of license plates.
He's always in the same spot on I-5. A more recent addition: a dragon... Mom couldn't tell if he was made of license plates or junk or what... but it was exciting to see something new!! You can probably see the dragon better by clicking on the picture to enlarge it...
So much to see...
Saturday, December 29, 2007
A looooong drive to Washington - 17 hours!!!
Here I am: Mom snapped this picture of me sleeping - we're getting close to Weed about this time...I'd already been strapped into the car for over five hours - and the best way to pass the time is with sleeping! The entire trip ended up taking about 17 hours since mom was very conscientous about stopping to feed me, change my diaper, and give me time to stretch. She says that normally her and dad can complete the trip in 13 hours.
Here is a picture of dad at the wheel. He ended up driving most of the way so that mom could hang out in the back seat with me. Mom did get to drive over the mountains both ways (and dad was jealous that he missed out on driving in the snow on the way home). We made it home in about 15 hours on the way back...mom says it is because we go faster when we're going down hill (south), but I think she is just joking. I think it's because dad drove nearly all the way home and his foot is just heavier than mom's.