Friday, October 26, 2007

Post Epidural - Pre Pushing

This is me flashing my "E" for epidural sign! I even told the anesthesiologist that if he ever needs me to write a letter of recommendation to future patients who are considering going without one, to let me know and I'd start typing! All the pre-reading of baby mags and baby books and the push to go 'natural' is such hype. I had not fully bought into it - since it was my first baby and didn't know any better I thought that by going natural it proved that you were a stronger person... such baloney. Get the epidural. Labor is torture and it seems to me that the chances of something going wrong from the epidural are much lower than the chances that you and your baby will be over exhausted from undergoing a natural birth and have complications when it comes time to push...

Here's the dilation chart - WE ARE AT AN 8!!! Getting close to the big moment...very excited to meet my babygirl - and relieved to know that the contractions are proving to be productive ones. The doctor thinks that it will be another hour or two and we'll be to a 10!


Having family and friends in the room with me was really nice - it distracted me from the clock - and since I was not in any pain, it was a great way to bond with everyone. Bryan's mom helped us sneak in the boys for a quick "good luck" hug and photo op!

WE DID IT! Doctor says we're at a 10!