So precious... The staff brought babygirl to us at right around 4am on 10-24-07. Up until that point, tom and I were trying to get some rest, but I couldn't stop listening for her cries coming down the hallway. When she finally arrived, she was calm and quiet and incredibly beautiful. As for me, my meds had not yet worn off, so I was still feeling okay, although very exhausted. I'd been up for 24 hours and had not eaten anything since dinner the night before, but adrenaline keeps you going, even when you feel like you've been run over by a Truck.
Kaydie Rose - wrapped up tight - so happy and calm...
One eyebrow arched as she responds to my tickle... each new expression she shows me is amazing.

At this point, day and night and time have ceased to make any kind of logical sense to me. I decided that I'd better take a picture of our day's activities based on the chart on the wall that the nurses helped us to keep. Babygirl was doing an excellent job passing all of her black tar poopies and she didn't have any sign of Jaundice. We were figuring out how nursing works together, one try at a time.
I recognized these feet and toes from the attacks they made on my rib cage! She is incredibly ticklish all over her body - but ESPECIALLY her feet. And she's got amazing range with her toes - flexing and spreading them wide... she'll be able to use them as a second set of hands (just like mommy!)
Tom is completely smitten...

It was wonderful to introduce the gang from work to my bundle of joy. At this point, we thought that we'd name her Autumn Rayne Bianucci. It sounded adorable, if a bit on the hippie side, but it didn't really flow at first. Later, after much family discussion, we decided to not use the name Autumn. But then what do we name her??? One of the hardest decisions I've ever made...

Above: Luis, Hue, Kim, Babygirl, Myself, Rhonda, and David
Below: Baby Girl, Lori, Marsha, Myself, and Mindy
David's fiancee (and my friend too!) Vanessa was able to come by and check out how cute and cuddly the new arrival is!
Dawn thought we did a pretty darn good job too! :)
We were so blessed with the love everyone has showered on us... my mom, Pat, Paul, Toni, Pete, Alex, Gabe, Tracy, Dave, Brad, Eric, Alan, Todd, Bryan, Sheena, and Nick - all were a part of making delivery more bearable. Thank you all!!!