Friday, January 11, 2008

Mommy's blue eyed angel in blue!

Aunt Tracy got me this cute blue outfit and even though it's tagged for a six month old, it fits me (and my 11 1/2 week old body) just fine! It's a little roomy in the shoulders, but the length is perfect!
Mom is trying to get me acclimated to my crib...which is why we're doing the photo shoot here today...
I refuse to smile if I am in my crib.


MOMMY UPDATE:

New things that Kaydie Rose is doing these days... let's see - she talks (A LOT!) and she likes to try to sing louder than me when I sing to her. She drools (also a lot) and I think she might be close to teething time, even though it's rather early in the game - there's a hard almost sharp spot in her gums that I notice when she chews on my finger... Kaydie loves to knead my skin right by my heart while she breastfeeds (which is why we have to keep her fingernails short and her mittens on!). She is the best baby I've ever known - she usually only cries when there is a reason. Either she's wet, hungry, cold, tired, or just wants attention. She still loves to be held - but she can also choose from her swing (which puts her to sleep), her bouncer (which she's just figuring out right now), or laying down on a blanket on the floor. She does an excellent job traveling so long as the car stays in motion until after she falls asleep (so it's a good thing most miles out here in the country are highway miles!!!) Another thing that she enjoys is talking on the phone. When Grandma calls, we put her on speakerphone and Kaydie can just chat away... it's really adorable to hear her talking. She's learning to reach out and grab toys from me when we play...

She has this fantastic way of holding me now - she wraps one arm around my neck and the other up and over my shoulder and just snuggles into me. It is one of the best feelings I've ever experienced and makes the late nights worth every second.

My current goal is to have her sleeping in her crib by her 3rd month birthday - the 23rd of January. We're on night three (tonight) and the deal I've made w/Kaydie is that she has to make a valid effort to sleep in her crib before I'll let her fall asleep with me. So, night one she slept an hour in her crib, night two took three tries (7 minutes, 20-something minutes, then around 50 minutes)... I'm hoping tonight she'll go for 90 minutes straight... We've got a week and a half to get both of ourselves on the right track (otherwise, Great Grandma said she's going to come down here and straighten us out!!!). I think we can do it!!!