Saturday, January 5, 2008

Friday, January 4

Friday started off great; we had no electricity at home as there was a huge storm hitting California. I love these kinds of weather systems - the wind, the rain, the energy of it all is so awesome to take in. The drive down to Stockton was a little nerve wracking - I saw trees that had been uprooted, telephone poles leaning precariously to the side, a roof of a barn partially blowing with the wind, and the trucks on the road were traveling along with a 30 degree slant!!! We drove slowly and made it there and back safely.
Kaydie and I ate lunch at Siamese Street with Luis and David (RM had to take care of Jordan), and I got a delicious bowl of B Food Soup. I would highly recommend it!
Luis had to work out his upper body before lunch so he was strong enough to hold Kaydie!!! She's heavy!!!

We were joking around about Kaydie's eyes matching David's...and what the rumormill would make of it at NK. Here's the 'family' picture!
She's such a great little girl!

After lunch, we headed over for her 2 month checkup with Dr. Nguyen. Before we went in, I gave Kaydie .04mls of baby tylenol because I knew the shots would hurt. The Doctor said that she's perfect - strong, healthy, and all her cognitive functions are coming along nicely (looking around, focusing on faces and sounds, talking and cooing with us, etc.) She is 23.75 inches long and weighs in at a hefty 15lbs, 14oz!

And then...time for her first round of immunization shots. While we waited, Kaydie fell asleep in my arms... the nurse woke her up and she cried for 10 seconds...then she got her first shot - she cried for like, 10 more seconds... then her last two shots... another 30 seconds of tears. I thought to myself, OMG, this little girl is GOLDEN - she barely even freaked out over her shots! I'm so in the clear...

We drove home and Kaydie and I were pooped from our day out. We laid down on the couch and took a nap - just as I hit deep REM sleep, Kaydie's tylenol wore off. She woke us up SCREAMING, and at first I couldn't figure out why or what was going on. I called out for Tom to help me, but he had left to go to Toni & Pete's house. I called him and he heard the panic in my voice and Kaydie's screams and came home. Kaydie was still crying when he got home, and he started to freak out - we've never heard her cry so insistently and desperately - despite us holding her, changing her, etc... She was crying so hard that she was choking and gasping for air - we were both worried that maybe she was having a reaction to the vaccines.... However, as the grogginess from being deeply asleep finally left me, I realized that maybe she just needed another dose of meds. About 10 minutes later, they started to work and she calmed down and went from crying to laughing again.