Thursday, October 23, 2008

Visit with Grandma Connie!

Kaydie got to play in the park at Angels Camp with Grandma Connie and mommy... She learned how to go down the slide -
After a few times with mommy holding her, she could go all by herself!! Ready, set, GO!
Hooray!!
Mommy's sweet girl... Grandma's sweet girl too:
So thirsty...Let's wrestle Grandma!Doh! Hello grass... This place is pretty fun
Kaydie loved swinging... at first we just pushed her...
Which she loved. Then...
I went and stood in front of her and she'd try to reach out and touch me with her toes as she swung close to me...
When she got close, I pretended like she kicked me -
and put on a big show of falling backwards - much to her amusement!
She couldn't stop giggling over how silly mommy was being!
Here we are taking a break - Kaydie dropped her lollipop...
Doesn't she look incredibly in tune with the universe? Teach us, Kaydie... The best part was playing barefooted. I hated to wear shoes when I was a kid... actually, I still don't like wearing shoes.
Too cool for words:
Earlier that morning, Kaydie and Grandma Connie practiced opening presents, in preparation for Kaydie's big birthday!
Here Kaydie tries to understand the scene from the gift's point of view...
She definitely enjoyed opening gifts!
From crinkling the bag, to carrying around the card and ooooohing and ahhhhing while she ripped the paper... she totally understood how to enjoy the moment!
SO much fun to watch!
( I'm in awe of this little treasure of mine)
We opened it up and put it on! She is sure cute - Thank you Great Grandma!!!
Look at those eyes...
She's learning how to throw a fit... Mommy's going to have to learn how to impose time outs and put a stop to this drama!! (it's still hilarious to watch tho)
(Especially because they only last about 10 seconds) Here Kaydie naps while we waited for Grandma Connie's plane to land...

Sweet dreams...