She has a tooth. I can see it...
but what is worse, I CAN FEEL IT!
Why does she insist on growing up? I beg and plead with her to slow down, enjoy the ride - but nope. She's keeping to a schedule, she's eating cereal twice a day, she's practically speaking to me in well versed paragraphs; she's growing in leaps and bounds... and now this: a tooth.
I've never felt so scared before - letting her eat... I know it's insane to trust this little onetoothed drool making machine but it's even less plausible for me not to trust her. Tom says, "well it must be time to start pumping!" in a half joking way... but it's starting to sound like something that I may need to reconsider.
She makes the cutest face when she humms, "MMMMMMMM" - sucking her lower lip up under her non-toothed upper gum. Her little face is cut in two adorable hemispheres by a straight mouthed slice of an upper lip, and her "MMMMMMMM"s make you break out into hummms of your own. She is incredibly serious about her "MMMMMMMM"s. (I promise to try and catch this on film this week.)
I love that she is attached to me - sometimes I call her my little monkey because she wants to climb me - up my torso and over my shoulder, around my neck and into my hair. It's her favorite place to view the world behind me. Then, with her super strong self, she twists around to see what's ahead - very seriously taking in the scene laid before her, before breaking out into a grin, a a giggle, or a "MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!"
Guess what. I have a baby! She's still here. She's all mine. I love her so much, and it's just so crazy to keep having that realization hit me upside the head each day, and to be completely taken by surprise by it every single time... I'm starting to find things about her that come from me - her ears, how one of her eyes is a little smaller than the other, her squeezable bubble butt, how laid back and easy going she behaves, that her mouth is so willing to turn up into a smile with the slightest provocation, that she is an empathetic cryer...