Wednesday, December 17, 2008

mommy updates: my fearless angel...

Kaydie is growing so quickly... it seems like every time I turn around, she has something new to show me. She is beginning to show signs of frustration at not being able to talk, and her personality is such that she will probably rectify the situation by gaining a huge vocabulary within the next month or so. When she figures out what she wants, she finds a way to get it. Already, she's figured out how to imitate the sounds of "here I am" and "there it is" when we play hide and seek. She has the most darling squeals of delight, she giggles when tickled, and she is the most brave baby I've ever seen. She has no fear of loud noises, she is not scared of the dog, she is not afraid of going up and down hills or stairs. The only thing that I can think of that freaks her out is when she gets a huge cup of water dumped on her head in the bath (to rinse out the shampoo). She's played with her big plastic tub cup lots of times, and has learned how to drink out of it - but not how to perfectly control the flow, so she's choked a few times. Which is GREAT, because she has learned how to cough the water out, how to not freak out... and so far, that's the only thing that she's even the slightest bit afraid of. Even when I'm telling her no, or disciplining her, she's not scared. She might get ticked off, or her feelings might be hurt, but I don't see an ounce of fear in her.

So, true to her sign, she is going to be strongwilled and brave. I am already so proud of her strength, and I love watching her flex and grow. It melts my heart when she allows me to hold her tiny soft hand, walking where the warm sun leads.