Sunday, September 28, 2008

I'm still in denial...

As of 9-11-2008, Kaydie Rose is a walker. A toddler. A kid. She's not an infant anymore. "She'll always be my baby" I keep reassuring myself... but she's really not a baby anymore. She had taken a few single steps, here and there, leading up to Thursday's walking experience. And it only took a few days for her to get her balance - Here I've pasted a few clips together.

(I apologize that there's no transitions or sound, my computer is giving me grief when I work with video - keeps crashing after about 45 seconds of work. I finally just gave up and decided to post what I've got so far!)

Now she can reach up onto the table top with ease and I think she will be opening doors quite soon. She walks circles around me, she can control her descent into a sitting position, and raise herself right back up again with no problem. She loves walking around outside... which means SHOES. The kid has the widest feet I've ever seen - she's outgrown the size fours, but her feet aren't yet long enough for fives. I'm thinking about wrapping her feet in some rawhide, indian moccasin style, for a perfect fit.