Tom and I took advantage of the warm weather to get outside and absorb the sunshine. We followed a creek upstream, looking for promising gold panning spots for next weekend's gold hunting expedition.

Kaydie hopped into her backpack, and we headed out.

We somehow ended up on two different sides of the creek... okay, I was chicken about getting my feet wet so early on in the hike!

I noticed Kaydie's cheek resting on the side of the backpack as she took a quick catnap. Quick photo before I pulled out a blanky to prop her back so she could rest more comfortably...

The bottom of the creek still shows signs of last summer's baking heat

I asked Tom what this shape looked like and he said, "a pelvis"

This is a tiny side creek that we found... very pretty!

But not as pretty as Kaydie Rose!

She definitely enjoyed being outside today.

Mini Waterfall

She napped on the way back (after her lunch) very comfortably