September 23, 2007
Toni & Pat threw a babyshower for Tom & I and invited all of our family and friends. Toni had let me pick out the colors for the shower - you can see the same purple colors that are in the baby's room, with splashes of pink. Aren't the trees beautifully decorated? The weather was perfect - a light breeze kept my hormonal body cool, and there was sunshine to keep everyone else nice and warm.
Sommer and I arrived at Toni's a little early to help with any last minute preparations. With Tom's help, we got streamers up in the trees. Okay, now it's time for a break for the big pregnant lady! It felt weird to sit around and watch everyone else working. I'm definitely a worker-bee!

Toni put out platters of meat, cheeses, and all the fixings for delicious sandwiches. Tom and I had requested that we not have any games at our shower - there were so many people who were coming that we had not been able to catch up with over the last year, that we just really wanted as much time to visit with them as possible. The food was available for everyone to munch on as they wanted, so that allowed even more time for us to chat with everyone. Finally, Toni and Pat said it was time to open gifts... Since I had just opened the huge stack of work gifts, I asked Tom to open the gifts while I read the cards.
Toni & Pat threw a babyshower for Tom & I and invited all of our family and friends. Toni had let me pick out the colors for the shower - you can see the same purple colors that are in the baby's room, with splashes of pink. Aren't the trees beautifully decorated? The weather was perfect - a light breeze kept my hormonal body cool, and there was sunshine to keep everyone else nice and warm.
Sommer and I arrived at Toni's a little early to help with any last minute preparations. With Tom's help, we got streamers up in the trees. Okay, now it's time for a break for the big pregnant lady! It felt weird to sit around and watch everyone else working. I'm definitely a worker-bee!
Toni put out platters of meat, cheeses, and all the fixings for delicious sandwiches. Tom and I had requested that we not have any games at our shower - there were so many people who were coming that we had not been able to catch up with over the last year, that we just really wanted as much time to visit with them as possible. The food was available for everyone to munch on as they wanted, so that allowed even more time for us to chat with everyone. Finally, Toni and Pat said it was time to open gifts... Since I had just opened the huge stack of work gifts, I asked Tom to open the gifts while I read the cards.
This one is a "Got Milk" sleeper! How cute!
Check out this cute onesie from Steve & Karen! Tom can't wait to see "daddy's little pumpkin!"
The baby is set with almost everything she needs now - She has enough outfits to wear one a day for the next six months without duplicating!
Aunt Gloria and Uncle Hack found the very last Paloma crib set in the USofA (I don't know how I got so unlucky to fall in love with a discontinued print). She also found enough border wall paper for the nursery too! The nursery still has a ways to go, but we'll be ready by the time she's here!
Monday the 24th marked Week 36... by next Monday she's deemed Full Term and can come any time she wants! She still hasn't dropped down into my pelvis yet, which I've read typically happens at least 2 weeks before labor (for your first). So, I am pretty sure we still have a little bit of time...although you never really know for sure!
I mean, GOSH, just look at how big she has gotten!!!
I mean, GOSH, just look at how big she has gotten!!!