Thursday, September 27, 2007

Pregnancy Overview

I'm getting closer and closer to the end of being pregnant, and the beginning of being a mommy... Of course I'm scared, nervous, intimidated by the thought of labor and the impending responsibility... but I'm also feeling a strange sense of calm, of warmth, and of peace. This just feels so right.

I thought it would be fun to post the pregnant belly pictures that I've taken along the way.

6-20-2007



23.5 weeks along...
7-18-07

8-8-2007: 8-11-078-15-07


9-8-2007 36 weeks... 9-25-2007 39 weeks... (surprised she's still in there!!!!) Belly button is getting to capacity!

To be honest, my pregnancy has been a breeze - only one day with morning sickness (and it was my own fault for taking my prenatal vitamin on an empty stomach), two episodes of heartburn (which I believe were work/stress related and not even babygirl's fault), only a few new stretchmarks (knock on wood this doesn't change!). I pretty much completely avoided the common complaints of increased acne, swelling/water retention, etc. I hope that she is just as sweet and complacent once she is born! I think the biggest change (other than the belly), has been an increase in my emotional levels....yeah yeah, pregnancy hormones. I feel the correct emotion - it just hits with super amplified force... so when I laugh I laugh till it hurts, when I see something sad, the tears well up, when something is irritating... well - I'll let you ask the hubby about that one!!!

The labor dreams have finally begun - as of the end of week 38... Also, I noticed that it feels better to walk with a wider stance - aka: the pregnancy waddle. I'm avoiding it as much as possible - but I think that means we're getting very very close...